Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A New Chapter...

Our family has some BIG changes ahead! Change is exciting and terrifying all at once, but we know we're following the path God has shown us and there's a comfort in knowing that.

We'll be moving to Denver, CO in the beginning of May to serve with Providence Bible Church located in downtown Denver. Providence is an incredible church who lives out Christ's example of ministry. There is so much need in downtown Denver; from homelessness, to drugs, to prostituion, to the epidemic of fatherlessness, this is an area that's thirsty for real hope. Amidst all the negatives that are on the surface, are individuals and families trying to keep it all together and needing the love of God.

Brent will be helping with some of the kids & youth programs at Providence. And we are both excited to see the many ways we'll be able to get plugged-in and serve. We would ask that you would pray for us as we continue to raise monthly financial support for our first 3 years there, in order for Brent to be able to fully commit to working with the ministries of PBC, and also as we continue looking for a place to live.


I don't even want to think about how hard it will be to say goodbye to friends and family here, but I find joy in knowing God's plans are greater than our plans! We are so thankful for the time we've had here in Wyoming at Westside, and we're really glad we'll still be up this way alot to be able to see everyone. We'll be moving the week of May 2nd, and I know it's probably going to come way too fast.

If you'd like to receive our support and informational letter, or if you'd like to recieve future update letters just get me your address, and I can have those mailed to you. And of course I'd be happy to answer any questions too!

I know there's a whole world full of needs, but there's also alot of people in need right in our own backyards. One of my favorite quotes is "I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." I know it's a little cheesy, but I guess what I like is realizing that I'm just a little nothing, so if God can use me - that's pretty amazing.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow...I didn't know the details of your ministry before. Ministering in that way has a big place in our hearts. We need to go to the hurting, the poor and the broken and show them the love of Christ. Praying for you guys :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is exciting, Claire! Praying for you through this transition. {hugs}

Mom said...

It is so exciting when you go down a new road. With such soft open hearts, God is going to use you both in ways you can only imagine! We love and pray for you always. XO

Pink Haired Momma said...

Wow claire that is wonderful and exciting! hope the best comes for you guys. I know it will as you lead such a giving life!

Post a Comment