Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Randomness!

So here are some random things from our week :)

1. Parker moved to a big boy bed!
 We tried once before with just his crib mattress on the floor & it was a disaster. So we went to the pack-n-play for a while & decided it was time to try again. He's done pretty well adjusting, gets up a little earlier than he should and naps are tough to get him to settle down for, but night time is great!


2. Parker got a table for his birthday!
Even though his bday isn't until next month, I won a gift card from another blog so I decided to us it on this. I'd been wanting one for a while. He loves it and uses it for just about everything. He also loves to push it around the apartment, which is just GREAT! (ha!)


3. Adorable-ness!
All day Parker has been saying "Annie" and I could not figure out what the heck he was talking about. Well....we finally figured out it's "Anthony" from the Wiggles. :) This kid adores those stinkin guys!!!

4. My Dry Skin Remedy!
Well, it's more of a treatment than a remedy, as it does not cure dry skin - it just temporarily relieves it I guess. But Parker's arms and legs get SO dry and lotion does absolutely nothing, so this is what I've been doing and it really really helps!
- A few pumps of Curel
- A glob of Cetaphil (or generic equivalent)
- Baby oil gel
So I put some Curel & Cetaphil in my hands and rub it on his skin. You have to rub it in really well, and then I follow it up by rubbing on some Baby Oil gel. Regular baby oil might work too, but it's alot messier! I haven't tried it for myself yet, but it has been great for Parker. He gets greased up after bath time at night, and then a little extra oil or lotion in the morning if he needs it.



3 comments:

Misty said...

Hey Claire! Glad to see that things are going well! Just wanted to say hi and that I miss "talking" with you! I see Parker is really a big boy now! I'm too nervous to attempt a big girl bed with Addisyn. I guess I just gotta do it!!!

Misty (mjglitch)

Nicole Hofmann said...

Go Parker! I love his little table... I wish we had room for one like that. He looks so proud of his big boy bed. Good call on the lotion mixture too, I'll give it a shot when Abby's winter skin comes out to play.

Mom said...

Re Parker and "Annie" -- When Emily was about three, one day we were singing songs and all day she kept requesting "the falling down song" I couldn't for the life of me figure out what she meant, but still she persisted in her request. I even asked you and you didn't know either. Finally at the end of the day, it hit me. "London Bridge is falling down...." -- It doesn't matter if it's right, wrong or in between. In a little kids brain, it always makes perfect sense. Parker KNEW what he was saying! HA!

Post a Comment