Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Locked Out

Soooo.... We spent the last hour (and a half?!) in our neighbor across the hall's apartment. Brent was leaving with Parker to take out the trash. Parker started doing these crazy antics in the hall, so I stood in the doorway watching them and when I took a step into the hall and the door closed behind me, I thought, "I sure hope that wasn't locked." And, sure enough....

I SO did not want to tell Brent what I had done! Thankfully we have a friendly lady that lives across the hall who happened to be home tonight. We don't know her very well, but had stopped to chat a few times in the hall. She let us hang out while we tried to get a hold of property management and ultimately the locksmith.

As we sat there and talked, she opened up about some things she's going through, like a divorce and coming out of the military and some issues associated with that and just life pains. Ten seconds and $55 after the locksmith came we came home, and walked across the hall with a new friend and a new perspective.

I'm ashamed to say it took this situation to really get to know this person who lives 4 feet from our front door. I really am. I wonder if God had anything to do with it.... :) It's also kind of funny that Brent did great in tips at work today, $50 to be exact.

1 comment:

Pink Haired Momma said...

Claire this is a really wonderful post. I am not relgious at all, but i believe in God and I am incredibly spiritual. this post resonates deep within me and makes me wonder who it is that is living feet from me. What are they going through. Can I help them at all, even if its just a wave in the morning or smile at the mailbox. Thank you for posting this!!

Post a Comment