Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Is She Real?"

I babysit a little 6 year old girl in the afternoons, and tonight we were taking her to her mom's office since we have small group, and I put in one of Parker's cd's. When "Jesus Loves the Little Children" came on, Nikki had lots of questions, and it was a blessing to talk about it with her. And the conversation was pretty cute, so I thought I'd share it:

Nikki: Is she real?

Me: Who? The person who's singing?

Nikki: No, the name they are saying.

Me: Oh, Jesus? Yes he's real, and it's a he not a she. He lived a really long time ago
.
Nikki: And he loves the children? And saved them? So he knows when all the kids are in trouble?

Me: Yes, he does!

Nikki: Oh, well that must be how I got saved from the airplane :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I remember in the early days of the Christian Education Clinics, they rarely had anything for nursery workers. But, I always attended the Sunday school sessions because I figured
that you never know when you would get the opportunity to witness to a child. Funny how something as simple as a song can open the door.

Post a Comment