Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010. Hellooooo 2011!

The new year is such a time of reflection! I always look back at the past year, the ups & downs and look ahead to the new year and imagine what will be.

2010 was a bittersweet year. Moving away from friends, but to a place and body of believers God was so clearly taking us to, was hard but so wonderful at the same time. I still feel like we're in transition and not totally "settled" here yet, but I think that's just something time will take care of. Parker turned 2 and this year has been a blast with him! He's turning into such a funny little boy! And finally God grew our faith in amazing ways last year! It's mind blowing for me to think about it, and I'm so challenged to continue growing closer to Him when I think of all He's done for us and in us!



2011 is already shaping up to be a crazy year! We are planning on moving in May when our lease is up to something with a yard. We really feel like it's a *need* with a little boy. We're also expecting baby #2 in August and with two little ones I think being able to go outside with Parker and let him run around is an absolute necessity for all our sakes! haha

Since the majority of this year I'll either be quite pregnant or adjusting to having a newborn plus a toddler, I'm not really setting "resolutions." Maybe just survive. I'm so excited for all the wonderful things our family is looking forward to this year! I want to be sure to enjoy the "now" moments and not just be looking ahead though.



Most of all I pray God continues to teach our family more about Him and His grace. Here's to a new year full of possibilities!

2 comments:

The Antonich's said...

i totally read this to see what your resolution would be. ok so not JUST for that. but i felt some twinge of dissapointment. but i can understand. surviving pregnancy and newborn is definitely a job ;) how are you feeling? by the way, i'm glad you finally made it fb public. it was starting to get harder to remember to not say anything ;D

Claire said...

haha yep, taking the easy way out this year! :) I mean *Hopefully* I accomplish more than that, but I'm not going to be unrealistic haha!

And yes, now I (and you!) don't have to worry about slipping & saying something!

Post a Comment