Monday, January 24, 2011

Back to Menu Planning!

This pregnancy has kind of thrown menu planning and cooking out the window lately, but I really do so much better on our budget if I know what I'm cooking during the week. So, we're back to it this week! And I decided to link up with orgjunkie.com and Menu Planning Monday - I always get TONS of great ideas from the menus posted!

Monday: Lemon Garlic Chicken (crockpot) Served over white rice with oven roasted potatoes, onion, and carrots.

Tuesday: Ground Beef burritos, made with homemade refried beans

Wednesday: (Dinner with community group) Grilled cheese if Parker wants to eat before.

Thursday: Shredded BBQ Chicken (crockpot) Served on buns with Oven Baked Fries & broccoli

Friday: leftovers

Saturday: Spinach and Cheese Manicotti, (homemade red sauce with carrot & spinach puree) Garlic bread,  and salad

Sunday: leftovers

Other things I'll make this week:
- Banana pudding (for Brent)
- Fruit leather (pear and raspberry)

6 comments:

The Antonich's said...

This week mine says "leftovers, leftovers, leftovers, subway, and a freezer meal. other: bake bread"
Yup, I'm just that motivated. However, I've started putting 3-4 meals in the freezer at the end of each month to "carry" me through the next month's days that i just don't want to cook. I have thanked myself at least a dozen times.

Mom said...

Claire -- You are so organised and efficent! Thanks for the 2 web sites. Always glad to hear about the good ones. Your menu sounds yummy! How about posting your homemade red sauce recipe? -- that sounds like a keeper.

danae said...

welcome to MPM! i love that you make fruit leather!!!!!! everyone around me thinks i'm nuts when i use that term :) but then they try it & they are hooked.

Cheap Thrills said...

:wave: Good to find you on MPM. Lemon Garlic Chicken looks yummy.

Bethany said...

I want to see your homemade refried beans and your manicotti! :)

Claire said...

I'll be sure to post those recipes too! :)

Post a Comment