Sunday, June 6, 2010

One Month Later...What's Happening?

We've been here one month. A whole month!.......Is that all? haha It sure seems like alot longer than that!

It's been a very busy month! A few weeks ago we took the new members class at Providence which is about an 8 hour class I think. I can't remember exactly. It's a few hours on a Friday night and then a few hours that Saturday morning. We got babysitters for Parker and Brent and I did that. It's different than how alot of churches do membership, but we do alot of things differently than most churches. A fact I LOVE!

We hadn't planned on kicking off a youth program until the fall, but those plans changed a little bit & now we're starting next week! I'm really excited to see how God is going to take nothing & turn it into something. We already have 4 people committed to helping with the teens, which is such a HUGE blessing! And I think I found someone to watch Parker every Wednesday night, so that will free me up to help alot more too!

We're still praying and looking for a better paying job for Brent. The hours & pay at Starbucks just aren't gonna cut it for very long. It's hard not to worry about the things God tells us not to worry about. But if the lilies and birds have shelter and food I KNOW I don't need to worry one bit about how all that stuff will get taken care of for us. (Not that we're struggling with food or anything like that, we're not - wanted to clarify.)

Hopefully this week I'll be able to start helping out a little bit with Encompass, which is a nonprofit ministry set up by PBC to help mentor and support single moms, widows, and orphans. It's really in it's baby steps right now, but I'm hoping I can help out a little bit!

Besides all that, we've enjoyed lots of fun stuff too! We live close to Civic Park which hosts alot of the festivals that go on during the summer. We also discovered a fun play place at Cherry Creek Mall which Parker adores & I don't mind taking him to an air conditioned play ground one bit! And Parker and I made some friends at the park the other day who we're hoping to meet up with for lunch this week.

Slowly but surely Denver is beginning to feel like home. There are still moments I get totally lost or feel a little lonely, but God is working in me to not focus on the things that don't matter. I love that He's teaching me that, even though it's an uncomfortable thing sometimes. Brent has been such a blessing to me with his great attitude and excitement for what he does. He hasn't uttered one word of complaint or discouragement about anything since we've been here and that is just a huge encourager to me. I'm so thankful Parker has such a great dad to look up to!

I suppose that's plenty long enough for now! If our neighbor would kindly turn down his music I would love to go to sleep. :0) Oh, and a new blog header coming soon thanks to my friend Karen!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Whew! What a busy time it's been. -- We all fret about things we shouldn't. I am reminded DAILY of that phrase --"Why pray when you can worry? and why worry when you can pray?

Post a Comment