Wednesday, June 9, 2010

1st Night of Youth Group at PBC!

So tonight was the 1st ever night of youth group for Providence Bible church! Woohoo - that's exciting stuff right there! And because I'm a Dork with a capital 'd' I, of course, did not take any pictures. Oops. Please forgive me. I'll take many more throughout the coming weeks. Part of the issue was I had a certain toddler with me, who was supposed to be home with our lovely gracious babysitter. But she was sick so the little dude came to youth group. And he did great (especially considering his too early/too short nap.) I was certain he'd melt down, but nope he did great! All that to say, I forgot lots of things including the camera.

Brent and I (and Parker) went early to set up. It officially started at 6:00 and it was just us workers for a little while (Brent, me, Sarah, Greg, & Keaton) then a couple kids, Hudson & Isaiah showed up and played pool with Brent. Another kid, Isaiah #2 lol, came in a little bit later. It was great hanging out, eating, and getting to know them.

We played Indoor Marco Polo & Whack-Em. (Well the boys played, me and Sarah cleaned up the other room and kept Parker from getting trampled. Totally a 2 person job let me tell ya!) Then we went upstairs for prayer and a devotion. This first night was a little different just getting to know the kids and letting them know what youth group will look like this summer. But we were all so excited afterward & just know that God can do something great!

I'm sure I'll post tons more about the kids and youth group in the future. But tonight was just to great not to share!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh fun! I cant wait to hear more -- and Whack-Em sounds fun/scary :-) haha

Mom said...

This is so exciting! It is going to be GREAT!

Post a Comment