Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Dad's Day!

Happy Father's Day!

Mother's Day sort of came & went around here without much notice, since that's the weekend we were moving. Brent does so much for me, helps out so much, and makes sure I get time to recharge all throughout the year so, I really don't feel like he needs to do anything more on Mother's Day. But I always try to make sure Brent knows how much he's appreciated as a dad on Father's Day. He rarely does something just for himself so it's one time where he can just really take time to know how loved he is and recharge a little bit with something fun. I think this year I'm just sending him golfing whenever he can fit it into his week. He loves it, and hasn't been in a long time. I think he may even try to go with his dad when he's down here later this week.
I'm blessed to not only have a wonderful father for my son, but I have a great father myself! I'm so thankful for a dad that I always knew loved me and worked so hard to provide for us. I'm not sure what it would be like to be the only male in a house of 3 females, but I'm sure it wasn't always easy & he probably got sucked into far more fights over the bathroom than he'd care to remember. My dad set the bar high as an example of what a dad and husband should be, and I count myself & my sister very lucky for that! My dad is one of our biggest encouragers and always tells Brent and I how supportive and proud he & my mom are of us. That is more of a blessing to us than they could ever know.
I'm also thankful for a great father-in-law. I truly believe a big part of why Brent is such a great husband and dad because he had a great example to learn from. I know Brent also learned an incredible work ethic from his dad as well. Earl has probably helped his kids move more in the last 4 years than he ever helped anyone move in all the previous years combined! haha! He is always there to help the girls out with a (another) car problem, or move something heavy with Brent. He's there physically for his kids, but he's also there as loving support. He's been a wonderful father-in-law to me, and Parker is just his little buddy!
I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful, godly, caring, supportive, men in my life. I know not everyone has those people to lean on. I hope everyone has a great Father's Day, and takes time to remember we also have a Heavenly Father who loves us more than any person ever could.

Thank you Lord for being our Father, our Dad - who we can come to with any problem or fear and You promised You'd be there to see us through. Thank you for providing earthly fathers as a picture of Your love to Your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment