Thursday, June 24, 2010

Elevator Mishap...

Sooooo....

We had a little "oopsie" moment with the elevator today.

Parker is a toddler, and as such, he tends to be slow and stubborn about 90% of the time. When we're heading down the hallway toward the elevator he's usually doddling behind staring at his sandals or reading everyones door numbers. It's very normal for Brent or I to reach the elevators before him, push the buttons, and have the doors held open waiting for him to mosey on in.

Today, Parker and I were headed up to the roof for some sunshine and fresh air and the basic scenario I played out above was taking place. So I get in the elevator and push 8 (we live on 3) and stick my leg against the door to keep it open for Mr. Parker. Well about as soon as he gets to the elevator doors, they just close! With my leg there and everything! I mean, obviously I was able to pull my leg through, but they so weren't opening back up.

So there is left my 19 month old son crying at the elevator doors, thinking I ditched him, as I PANICKED ride up 5 floors! I get to the 8th floor, close the elevator doors, ride back down to 3 (jumping, thinking this speeds it up apparently?) and Parker is still right at the doors crying. (It had only been a grand total of maybe 45 seconds, but still.) So after a million "I'm so sorry bubba"s we were both fine.

So yeah, I'm sure that won't be happening again. We've had other close calls where as we're getting off the elevator Parker turns around and tries to bolt back on as the doors are closing & that would be WAY worse. But this was still a little nerve wracking for sure!
Yeah, this has nothing to do with anything. I just like this show & there happens to be an elevator in the picture so BAM! visual aid.

2 comments:

Lisa Kai said...

Oh no! I'm glad he is ok, I bet that was a terrifying 45 seconds!
Love the visual aid!! :)

Mom said...

Poor Parker! -- Poor Mama Claire! -- For me,I always think of those heart attack moments (and there are many!) as sort of an instantaneous attitude adjustment. -- Love the visual aid -- Maybe you should invest in some of that yellow tape!

Post a Comment