Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Sniff this, it smells like Christmas!"

I say this to Brent alot around the holidays. (Well, when he used to go into those smelly stores with me...he usually finds a sports store now haha!) I get very excited when I find something that "smells like Christmas." And it's not always everything that SAYS it smells like evergreen, or holiday warmth, and all those other supposedly festive scents.

Sometimes it's random things...I think the Yankee candle "Home Sweet Home" smells like Christmas because I had a car freshener that scent one year. Certain perfumes I've recieved as Christmas presents smell like Christmas to me. Snickerdoodles....totally! This little recipe for sure smells like Christmas...and it's wonderful!

I know it's early, but it's so nice to enjoy I wanted to share it now!

Christmas Scent:
3 cinnamon sticks
3 bay leaves
1 T whole cloves
1/2 lemon
1/2 orange
1 quart water

- Place all ingredients in tea kettle and bring to a boil. (Also works in saucepan)
- Reduce heat & simmer as long as desire. Check often to replace water as needed.
- Mixture may be stored in the refrigerator for several days and reused.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohhh I need that - I LOVE Christmas! :-)

Post a Comment