Thursday, July 29, 2010

So Long Insecurity

I'm a little late on the bandwagon but this book was so good and helpful! It struck a chord in me on issues that I'd either become very good at ignoring or had just accepted as part of my personality and nothing I could do anything about.

I would highly recommend every woman read this book! I checked it out at the library after putting it on hold a few weeks before. Most of that you can do online, so it's really convenient!

The biggest thing I walked away with was a renewed sense of God's love (which seems to be a theme lately in my life!) And how ridiculous it is to put any value or strength (by way of insecurity) in our shortcomings, or what other people think of us. Also the realization that we can be free from the chains of insecurity that limit us in life, that is something God wants for us and He can and will help me find my security and worth in Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment