Monday, July 5, 2010

Amazing Love - Part 2

I Can Do It Myself!
Not only do I see a picture of God's love in my love as a mom, but I also see myself as the defiant stubborn child more often than I'd care to admit. So many times Parker struggles and works himself into a frenzy by trying to do something he can't do alone. He doesn't quite know how to ask for help yet other than to be upset, but even if he did, I'm not sure he always would.
I can be such a frustrated "toddler" sometimes! Instead of coming to my Heavenly Father, who can and wants to help me, I flounder in my own feeble attempts. All the while, a willing helping hand is just a whisper away! God desires that we come to Him with all our cares and problems, and he knows what we need before we even ask.

Daniel 3:17
If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand O king.

Forgetfulness & Impatience.
Any parent can identify with this: it's mealtime and kiddo is hungry NOW. You're cutting off crusts or peeling that last piece of orange...lunch is just moments away. Is kiddo waiting patiently, trusting you to feed them? Remembering all the times you've fed them before, how they've never gone a day starving? Um, no. They are standing at your feet, red in the face, tears streaming, whining, fussing, crying, begging....you get the picture.
As mom or dad you see the big picture. You know they aren't going to starve, and that the solution to their stress and worry is just around the corner. They have no real reason to be so worried, but still they are. How often are we this way with God? For me, it's alot. The words "Just trust in God, have faith" are so easy to say...to someone else. They are much harder to say, and mean when you're in that total meltdown moment. Outside of God's help we can't do it. Our flesh and our nature is to worry and doubt, and that's why it's so important to ask God for His strength to wait in His timing and trust that He will come through. Just like He always has & always will.

Psalms 86:15
But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

I'm so thankful for lessons I've learned as a mom. And there's more to be learned just about every day! When I think about God's endless love, patience, and forgiveness for me, it challenges me to love in that way. And I'm amazed to think that in spite of how incredibly much I love Parker, God's love for him is even greater! God tells us in our imperfect and sin tainted love, if we love are children and want good things for them, how much MORE in God's ability of PERFECT love does He love and want good things for His children?!

Luke 11:13
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask.

2 comments:

Mom said...

That is so true for all of us no matter how old the "toddler" -- Wonderful comparison and reminder for a great truth!

Lauren said...

Beautifully said, Claire!

Post a Comment