Monday, August 2, 2010

Silent Night

For about the last month I've changed Parker's bedtime routine. Well, I guess it's more like we started a bedtime routine. He was throwing these huge tantrums when it was time for bed, so now when I lay him down I rub his forhead and sing 'Silent Night.'

So, this evening Brent & I were sitting in the family room while Parker ran around playing. He was getting to that point where he's wild, but we could see that he was getting sleepy and needed to settle down. So I just started singing 'Silent Night' to see what he'd do.

I barely got to "all is calm..." when he dropped to the floor right where he was standing and laid down! It was the funniest thing. Just - boom! laid right down! Of course, he didn't stay there long, but it was just this hilarious knee jerk reaction to hearing that song.

I wonder if he'll be sleepy all December?! :0)

3 comments:

The Antonich's said...

what made you choose silent night-a holiday song-to sing every night?!?! TOO FUNNY though ;) maybe i will try it with kaden when he's driving me nuts tomorrow :D

Claire said...

haha I don't know! Maybe just because it's so soothing or something. He totally winds him down though!

Mom said...

That is so hilarious Parker did that! Actually if you think about it, Silent Night is really the perfect choice for a bedtime lullaby. It not only is soothing to hear but the title says it all about your objective!

Post a Comment