Monday, May 3, 2010

Gold Medal Procrastinator

I've had many years of practice. I've fined tuned the art of waiting until the last second to do everything, and the bad thing is -  it does always get done. I'm stressed, cranky, and tired but it does get done. So, that fact doesn't really spur me to change.

At the moment what I'm avoiding is packing. Brent has done most of the packing so far. I wouldn't say he likes it neccesarily, but he does sort of get this overly-focused thing going and sort of HAS to accomplish whatever he's working on. (Most normal people would probably just call that thinking ahead and being efficient, but to the procrastinator by nature like me, it's "overly focused" ha!)

Maybe I'm avoiding for deeper reasons...I don't know. I have this knot in my stomach, and I'm not sure if it's from Los Compadres for dinner or if the thought of leaving is starting to sink in. Not sure, but it's making me not want to do anything. It would probably drive Brent crazy that I'm typing while there's still packing to do, but he's on a box run so I'll wait until he gets back to go to work lol! :0)

Someday when Denver feels like home, I'll come back and read about how unsure the future seemed & the thought of being in a new city was a little daunting and I'm sure I'll have to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment