Wednesday, May 12, 2010

We've been here a week already!

Denver has been "Home Sweet Home" for a week now! I can't believe we've been here that long. It's been a blur of unpacking & feeling out of sorts for the most part.

We love our apartment! We didn't get to see it until we were moving in (RIS-KEEE!) but it's great. The location works great & the layout seems really roomy. It's pretty quiet too. We don't ever hear the neighbors, but sometimes the noise outside echos in the courtyard at night, but I'm the only one who hears it. The hallways in the building are an interesting cornucopia of smells. Multiple people's dinners with undertones of cigarette smoke and pot. Such is apartment living I suppose.

I can get to the grocery store by myself now! Although, I did go the wrong way down a one way street today. There was only one other car on the road, but he sure did honk at me alot! I'm like, "Dude, I know. I'm workin on it." Sheesh people! Have you never had a car coming head on at you before or something? Eeek, ok it was a little bad.

Brent has put out some resumes and has a couple pretty good leads. Pray some doors for interviews will open!

All in all, we're settling in pretty well. Today is the first day I felt kind of homesick and the reality of not knowing anyone here yet felt pretty heavy. In my head I know time will take care of that, but the feeling part is a little harder to deal with. I'll be curious to see when it finally feels like we're actually living here now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! I cant wait to hear more updates . . . I'm praying for yall!

Unknown said...

You were the same age as Parker when we moved to O.C. And we rented the townhouse without seeing it! As for one-way streets I did the same thing when I moved to Reno years ago. I am praying for a job for Brent, I can relate to the looking for work, I hope the job market is better there. God will provide He always does!!

Post a Comment