Monday, September 27, 2010

One Year

It hit me today that our family photos, including the one in the banner above, were taken almost exactly a year ago. Alot has changed in a year....especially my little boy. (The fact that I even call him a "little boy" now is new!)

Tonight I held Parker while he slept, which doesn't happen very often anymore. He's always been the type who falls asleep best in his bed, and now if we try to lay down with him to get him to go to sleep, he wants to have these whispering conversations. Which is very adorable, but not in place of a nap! :)

But tonight he's sick and all the rules go out the window. When he was a newborn, I remember holding him and specifically thinking, "I can't believe someday when I'm holding him, his feet will hang way off my lap!" It seemed so far away, and we're there already. We've been there for a while.

Parker, I'm sorry you're sick buddy. You are the best boy a mommy and daddy could ask for, and you are more loved than you'll ever know!

I just can't believe God gave me such an incredible family. I truly know the meaning of BLESSED!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me cry :(

Claire said...

Aww, sorry friend! I guess noboday knows that "where does the time go?" feeling better than another mom!

Chelsea said...

Awwwwww! Seriously a tear-jerker. And beautiful. I know exactly what you mean. :)

Unknown said...

He is so so cute! I know that feeling well - makes me sad too!

Nicole Hofmann said...

I know those feelings well... the "where does time go" and the feeling so blessed to have the life and family that you do. :) I'm so glad I know you!

Claire said...

All these little toddlers becoming so independent! Turning their moms into puddly messes from time to time :)

Mom said...

I have always loved the soft yet solid feel of a baby/toddler in my arms. There is nothing quite like it, especially when they are sleeping. When you and Em were that age, I used to try and permanenly imprint it in my memory -- the smell, the feel -- because I knew it would leave much too soon. The first child gets most of those moments so I am glad you are savoring them. One thing that doesn't go away so fast which helps the sting of watching that part of your life change - is even after they are "older" -- when little kids are sleeping -- they still look much as they did when they were babies.

Pink Haired Momma said...

What a beautiful post Claire! I hope Parker feels better soon!

Post a Comment