Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Parker's Home Preschool - 8/24

Wednesday:

AM: Water Play - Bubble Snakes http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.c … nakes.html
Number Match 11-20 (Making my own game tonight)

PM: Field Trip - Visiting a friend & evening walk

I followed the link above for instructions about how to make the bottles. I used tape instead of a rubberband for the washcloth and the bottle didn't crumple at all. I also used Gain not Dawn for the bubbles and it worked great!
 

 This was so fun and the coolest thing! Parker was not a fan of blowing after he inhaled himself a mouthful of suds. So I got to do that part. He loved it though!


 He had a blast playing with the bubbles and painting/cleaning the sidewalk and himself.
Overall it was a hit, but probably better suited for older kids who would know how to not inhale the bubbles.

We also did some number recognition and counting fun this morning. I made up these little boards on construction paper. This isn't the finished product since I need some contact paper to keep them from getting all crumpled, but I'm sure we'll use them again. First Parker matched the number card to the boards.


Then I helped him count out beans to put in the box above each number.

He was losing track of his counting, so I drew the number of dots in the empty box to help him remember what he was counting to.


 So far, it's been a great first day!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Ooh, I love the counting activity, Claire! Great idea! Keep these posts coming. :)

Post a Comment