Monday, March 7, 2011

A Prayer

God. I want to let go of the worries I hold onto. I want to give them to you fully. I want to trust you. But sometimes I don't know how to let go.

I want to wholly trust your plans for me and desire only what is in your will. How do I let go of the control I try to have in steering life towards my wants? When will I learn to let faith in your goodness have first place over my own stubbornness?

After all the times I've seen you provide in your faithfulness, all the times you've turned a seemingly bad situation into something for good I would think I'd be much stronger in this area. You are good always! You are faithful always! Your plans are greater than my plans!

God thank you that I can bring anything to you. I pray you'll let the truth of who you are penetrate my stubborn heart and make a change in me.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.


1 comment:

Mom said...

I love those verses, and yet I forget them sometimes. I do the same thing as you -- we all do. God has been so patient with me, but I am not always so with Him. -- Waiting on God is one of my biggest challenges, but I'm learning! You do better than you think.

Post a Comment